Road safety education
The Road safety education booklet will support headteachers and senior leaders in planning and delivering the most effective way to help young people aged 11–16 to stay safe on the roads. It will also be useful for Heads of PSHE and school governors.
It includes the following topics:
- Why is road safety so important for 11–16 year olds?
- What do we know about young people aged 11–16 which can help in planning road safety education?
- What can secondary schools do to help?
- What makes road safety education effective?
- Student voice
- A whole-school approach to road safety
- Working with parents and carers
- Opportunities for professional development
- Useful websites