Activity 2: What am I?
- Copies of activity sheet 1 (PDF 1027kb) - new window optional
Children can play a guessing game to familiarise themselves with vehicles. The teacher gives a series of clues to a vehicle and each child has one guess which can be used at any time. For example:
- Clue 1: It doesn't carry passengers.
- Clue 2: It can be quite small or quite large.
- Clue 3: It carries objects.
- Clue 4: It usually has two doors at the back.
- Clue 5: It often has writing on the side
- Answer: A van
Clues can be given for familiar vehicles such as a bus, a lorry, a motorcycle, car etc. Older children could also play this in pairs, using pictures to help them construct clues. In each case, underline that traffic is made up of different kinds of vehicles like these.
This activity can be followed up with activity sheet 1 (PDF 1027kb) - new window, which involves recognising vehicles.